Monday, March 10, 2014

EDTECH Research

Our assignment this week was to write an instructional objective, conduct research and write an annotated bibliography to support this objective.  This was my first time writing an instructional objective in a formal manner as most of the time the objective of what I'm trying to teach is clear in my head and those I work with.  So this was a good exercise to really think about and articulate what it was we are trying to achieve.

Using Google Scholar to conduct the research was wonderful.  The interconnectivity with Google Drive is great and I can see if you are working in an academic setting this could become a favorite resource.  I also enjoyed delving into our own Albertson's library and looking for articles.

While the tools used to research were easy to use, deciding on which articles to use in this assignment was tough.  I decided to chose articles that represented the case for e-Learning in a corporate setting, but also highlighted the complexity of rolling out e-Learning in a global corporate environment.  Learning to work collaboratively with your IT and communication colleagues, and gaining management buy in to any training can be challenging and I found one particular article that resonated with me about the importance of these relationships.   This article I plan to share with my learning and development colleagues as something we can attain to.
Overall, I enjoyed this assignment and look forward to digging deeper into this subject.

Click here to view my EDTECH Research

No comments:

Post a Comment